The objective of the Café is to improve the level of English of participants to where:
- they feel comfortable using English;
- they are able to communicate clearly;
- their level of English allows them to undertake their studies more competently;
- they are able to interact with native users of English with greater confidence;
- they are able to raise their English proficiency by one level, according to the internationally recognised standard of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR – led by Cambridge University).
The results of a pre-test using Internexia’s Online Test enable us to customize the training according to the students’ current levels of proficiency, using the CEFR scale.
Participants at the Café attend a two-hour training session each week over a number of weeks. They access Internexia’s Summertown English language e-learning programme and practise the activities in their own time.
Contact us if you are interested in setting up an English Café in your school, college or university.