Internexia has developed a number of courses that can be used immediately. Please see a sample below.
IEB is an online or blended English Language programme for school leavers and working adults who wish to improve their English Language and communication skills. Benefits of IEB include:
- Interactive learning methodology
- Independent learning with self-assessment
- Free skill check at any time
- Self-paced, modular programmes
- Broad-range of business-related topics
- Faster, fun learning
- Scored progress checks
- Friendly user interface
- Preparation for the Cambridge Business English Certificate (BEC)
IEB is PSMB-approved, meaning companies can claim 100% under the HRDF PROLUS scheme.
Induction Course for Foreign Workers
The Malaysian government requires non-professional foreign workers to attend an induction course on communication skills, Malaysian culture and laws.
The purpose of this induction course is to familiarise foreign workers with the essential aspects of Malaysian language, culture, laws and regulations to help them to integrate well into the workplace and community.
Among the issues for foreign workers in Malaysia are difficulties with communication and a lack of familiarity with Malaysian cultures, laws and regulations.
Soft Skills Workshop
The programme includes:
- Personal Development (developing self-esteem, enhancing self-management skills, developing inner courage, developing problem-solving skills)
- Creative & Critical Thinking (exploring new ideas, enhancing the ability to examine facts, organise ideas, support opinions, make comparisons and draw inferences, enhancing the ability to evaluate arguments and solve problems)
- Effective Communication Skills (developing empathy, developing presentation skills, enhancing communication skills)
- Teamwork (working with others to achieve set objectives, understanding and appreciating strengths and behaviours of team members, developing active listening skills)
- Project Management (time management, empathy, prioritisation, leadership)
According to a survey by Jobstreet, 56% of undergraduates failed to obtain jobs during interviews because of their lack of English communication skills.
The programme provides a major solution to graduates’ employability and retention by providing skills and accreditation in ICT, English communications and soft skills.
Key benefits of the programme are:
- to make undergraduates immediately employable upon graduation, as it is carried out during the undergraduate diploma/degree programme;
- an ability to train large numbers of undergraduates (12,000 to 21,000) annually because of the e-Learning format of the ICT and IEB modules.
On Message is targeted at any employee supporting overseas customers through the telephone. On Message equips employees with the skills needed to face the challenges in customer support services. It emphasizes courtesy and efficiency while handling phone calls, dealing with different cultures and communicating clearly.
Corporate groups and individuals, call centres, customer care centres and business process outsourcing organisations (BPOs) will benefit from our online On Message programme.
Users work through a series of challenging tasks where they learn to handle a call, deal with different cultures and communicate clearly. The emphasis throughout the course is on courtesy and efficiency.
- 20 Units, online learning materials, 15 – 20 hours
- Extensive content including case studies and audio examples
- Suitable for those with both native English users and those with non-native proficiency in English
- Self-study delivery saves time on training courses.
Employees in a multinational corporation can expect to deal with people from many different backgrounds in the course of their work. This course offers effective ways of dealing with situations where two or more cultures meet.
Where many courses are based on anecdotes of returning expatriates or do’s and don’ts that can be applied to limited situations, Cultural Insights builds on accredited research to provide tools that can be applied to any situation. Based on research by Hofstede, Hall and others, Cultural Insights examines the ways that core values of cultures differ. The course is delivered in an engaging and practical way.
Cultural Insights is a fully online course. Users work through a serious of challenging tasks where they apply what they learn to various work situations. As they progress, they build up their own cultural profile and learn how this affects any cultural encounter they may have.
If you are looking to deliver high quality English training to your team, look no further. Summertown is Internexia’s award winning English language programme for graduates and young adults. Being fully online means that your staff can study anytime and anywhere. Summertown licenses are 100% refundable under the HRDF scheme.